• Home
  • News
  • Stephenson Harwood advises Akerbla on Ocean Ecology deal

10 Mar 2021

Stephenson Harwood advises Akerbla on Ocean Ecology deal

Linkedin

Law firm Stephenson Harwood LLP has advised Akerbla Group on its acquisition of a majority stake in Ocean Ecology, the UK marine and environmental survey specialist.

Akerbla, the Norwegian environmental and technical consultancy group, will acquire 51% of the company, while the founders and current owners of Ocean Ecology will retain the remaining 49% stake. Akerbla’s presence in Norway will enable Ocean Ecology to expand its services there, as both companies work together to develop a joint service offering for the Norwegian offshore wind industry.

The Stephenson Harwood team was led by private equity partner Malcolm MacDougall, who was supported by senior associate Lucy Thorpe and associate Dafni Loizou.

Linkedin

KEY CONTACT

Malcolm MacDougall

Malcolm MacDougall
Partner

T:  +44 20 7809 2625 M:  Email Malcolm | Vcard Office:  London

MEDIA CONTACT

Rose Russell
Communications and PR executive

T: +44 20 7809 2961 
Email Rose