Our team advises on:
- Cross-border data transfers - drafting intra-group and external data transfer arrangements and coordinating multi-jurisdictional advice.
- Marketing – advising on privacy issues around online and other channels of direct marketing and compliance with e-Privacy Regulations (including use of social media for marketing).
- Mobile payment and other applications – advising on the privacy impacts of developing mobile applications, including issues around the use of geo-location data.
- BYOD – advising on the privacy implications of “bring your own device” initiatives rolled out to employees of large regulated organisations.
- Privacy policies – drafting and advising on internal (employee) and external (customer) privacy policies and “fair processing notices”.
- SARs – advising on subject access requests, including as part of employee grievance processes or litigation.
- FoIA - advising both public sector clients on handling freedom of information requests and on the implications for private sector clients of contracting with public sector bodies.
- Governance and control – providing strategic advice on data privacy incident management, information security and record retention.
Members of the team have also spent time on client secondments, including to the privacy teams of Barclays Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
"The team really know what they're doing. They just become part of our team, which I've truly enjoyed"
Chambers UK 2014
Barclays Bank PLC
We advise on a wide range of privacy issues including time on secondment to its Data Privacy Legal team and advising on digital marketing initiatives.
Multi-national life science company
We advise a multi-national life science company on its intra-group data transfer agreements and registrations.
UK Pharma company
We advise UK Pharma company on DP policies and standard operating procedures.
Standard Chartered Bank
We advise Standard Chartered Bank on EU data protection issues.
The Cloud Networks Limited
We advise The Cloud Networks Limited on data retention regulations.
Corporation Service Company
We advise Corporation Service Company on a global privacy programme.
Large US retailer
We advise a large US retailer on the regulatory issues relating to the launch of an e-commerce website in the UK and changes to the ePrivacy Directive.
We advise Affinion International on data protection considerations relating to card protection products and a scheme of redress.
We advised LOVEFiLM on data protection issues relating to its sale to Amazon.
We are also recognised as a leading law firm in the Legal 500 directories.