As a truly international firm, with a wide range of legal capabilities, our award winning private wealth team is ideally positioned to service all the needs of high net worth individuals. We can help you with:
- advice on residency and domicile
- UK and international personal tax planning, including planning for UK resident and non-domiciled individuals
- tax and succession advice for shareholders, directors and employees
- advice on tax efficient inward investment into the UK, including real estate
- creating and advising upon offshore trusts, foundations, companies and other wealth preservation vehicles
- creating and advising upon overseas pensions schemes and other remuneration trusts
- representing clients in tax enquiries and investigations instigated by HMRC and where criminal proceedings have been commenced
- creating asset protection structures
Our private wealth team works closely with our renowned corporate tax team, which provides the full range of tax services – both direct and indirect taxes (including VAT) - to businesses in the UK and internationally.
"The fount of all knowledge"
Chambers UK 2013
We regularly advise clients on the most tax efficient means of acquiring and holding UK property, both for personal occupation and investment, taking into account CGT, IHT, ATED, SDLT and VAT.
We recently advised a prominent Italian family on their relocation to the UK, looking at their personal assets and those in various offshore trusts.
We represented a client in an HMRC investigation generated by their receipt of his leaked foreign bank account details and we settled the case for less than one-tenth of the amount of tax originally claimed.
We advised a prominent Hong Kong billionaire on his proposed bequest to a US charity and created two charitable trusts in the UK and Hong Kong.
International succession planning
We recently advised a UK national resident in Belgium on estate planning for his worldwide estate, including considering the interaction between UK and Belgian death taxes.
We are renowned for our expertise in foreign pensions and we have advised a large number of individuals and institutions on the UK tax treatment of IPPs, QROPS and QNUPS.
Jets, yachts and art
As well as being able to provide tax advice on the acquisition of these assets, we can also provide advice on all legal matters including build/purchase contracts, disputes and finance.