Our insurance team deals with commercial and corporate insurance work, reinsurance work and dispute resolution, acting for insurers and reinsurers, as well as for major insured companies and their captive insurers and brokers.
Operating from Dubai, Hong Kong, London and Singapore, the team acts for some of the major international players and their representatives. Through our knowledge of the market and its dynamics, we are known for our high levels of client service and for our commercial approach.
We have substantial experience of major Asian, European and international insurance and reinsurance arbitration and litigation, in all classes of business.
In corporate and commercial work, we regularly advise clients on regulatory and compliance matters, drafting policy, treaty wordings and management agreements.
We are particularly well-known for:
- Corporate M&A
- Marine & energy insurance
- Contentious general & property insurance
- Financial lines insurance
- Regulatory & competition
- Litigation & dispute management
They are very approachable and grounded. They know what the market wants, and what insurers want. They have a good network outside the London perimeter - a global network
Chambers UK 2014
- 03/11 Insurance distribution and the Asian Economic Community
- 03/11 Business Interruption and the keeping of 'Proper Records'
- 12/10 D&O Liabilities – Exculpation and Indemnification Clauses
- 10/10 Business interruption cover for the airline industry
- 10/10 Class actions in India
- 06/10 The perils of double insurance in a property transaction
- 10/09 A guide to insurance in real estate finance
- 08/09 Ex turpi causa revisited...again