Stephenson Harwood LLP
1st and 2nd Floor
Filellinon 2 & Akti Miaouli
185 36 Piraeus
T: +30 210 429 5160
Legal 500 UK 2009
Nigel is a partner specialising in ship finance and is the managing partner of the firm’s Piraeus office.
He advises international banks and financial institutions on asset secured loans to the shipping industry in Greece and the eastern Mediterranean region. Nigel has worked continuously in Greece for over 20 years. Nigel has contributed two chapters to Euromoney's Shipping Finance.
Nigel’s areas of expertise includes syndicated, bilateral and mezzanine loan facilities, inter-creditor and subordination arrangements, guarantee facilities and other types of secured facilities, including all related collateral documentation.
Nigel also has extensive experience with new building deliveries, second-hand ship sale and purchase transactions, MoAs, closing and remittance arrangements, vessel registrations under various flags, refund and performance guarantee issues, corporate work, trusts and IPOs.
Nigel has extensive workout experience, including acting for banks and financial institutions on restructurings, trust holding structures for distressed assets and enforcements in conjunction with his litigation colleagues and correspondents in various parts of the world.
Nigel has documented private yacht and jet financings to high net worth individuals.
Nigel specialises in advising a wide range of private and public sector clients including project sponsors, funders, contractors and FM providers on infrastructure and PPP projects.
- Aviation finance
- Company advice
- Corporate and commercial
- Employment and pensions
- Marine and international trade
- Marine insurance
- Project finance
- Projects and infrastructure
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Ship and offshore finance
- 11/14 Stephenson Harwood Greek office legal update
- 04/14 Stephenson Harwood Greek office legal update
- 02/14 Stephenson Harwood Greek office legal update
- 11/13 Stephenson Harwood Greek office legal update
- 07/13 Consumer bankruptcy in Greece
- 10/10 Piraeus newsletter Issue 30
- 09/10 Piraeus newsletter Issue 29
- 08/10 Piraeus newsletter Issue 28
- 07/10 Piraeus newsletter Issue 27
- 06/10 Piraeus newsletter Issue 26
- 05/10 Piraeus newsletter Issue 25
- 04/10 Piraeus newsletter Issue 24