Key facts and figures
- 700 people worldwide, including 120 partners and 300 other lawyers
- Breadth of expertise that includes commercial, corporate, employment and pensions, energy, finance, funds, intellectual property, litigation and arbitration, marine and international trade, projects, real estate, regulation, restructuring and insolvency, tax and transportation
- Clients include a wide range of listed and private companies, institutions and individuals
- Nine offices across Asia, Europe and the Middle East: Beijing, Dubai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Piraeus, Shanghai and Singapore
- London is the largest office, with 500 people including 300 lawyers
- Recognised as a major presence across Asia, we have 180 people in our five Asia offices - 25 per cent of total firm headcount - including 100 lawyers
- In jurisdictions where we do not have offices, we have alliances and relationships with leading independent law firms
- Recent awards include those for banking (2013), rail (2013), asset and corporate finance (2012), litigation (2012), regulation (2012), Hong Kong law firm of the year (2011), marine (2011), aviation (2010), corporate finance (2010), people management (2010) and UK law firm of the year (2009)
- In Legal Week magazine's 2012 client satisfaction report, based on survey responses from 1,200 clients from European and Asian companies, SH scored the highest of any City of London firm for 'personal / partner relationships'
- Worldwide revenue for 2012-13 of £112.3 million.
Above information is correct as at August 2013