- Allenby-Connaught - advised EDF Energy and Thames Water on an £8 billion MoD PFI project regarding public access to environmental information and emissions trading.
- Euro Carparks - advised on a judicial review challenge relating to environmental impacts affecting property holdings in the UK.
- Greenheart Resources - advised on the regulatory and commercial aspects of undertaking a sustainable timber logging project in South America, including a related biomass energy project and obtaining project approval and the trading of emission reduction credits under the Kyoto Protocol.
- Human Energy Uganda - advised on sustainable agriculture Projects in India and Africa, including the operation of biofuel processing plants and the international distribution of related biofuel products.
- London Development Agency - advised on the remediation programme and risk allocation arrangements in the leasing of a hospital site for mixed use redevelopment.
- Mediterranean Shipping Company Terminal Valencia SA - advised on the environmental aspects of a container port project in Spain including on the Equator Principles.
- Middle East based company - advised on consortium arrangements for the remediation of coastal sand contamination caused during the Gulf War using UN funds, including the review of environmental investigation reports and the dispute resolution arrangements.
- Reco-Vie (Recycling) - advised on the complex laws and policies covering the transfrontier shipment of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
- Royal Horticultural Society - advising on purchasing unused water abstraction capacity from a third party.
- SIIF Energies - advising in connection with a €243 million loan facility for multiple wind farms with anticipated total aggregate capacity of 197.8MW.
- Prominent UK energy company - advised on the sale of a coal-fired power station, including the transfer of responsibilities and assets under the EU ETS.
- Prominent UK energy company - advised on the application of the COMAH and Hazardous Substances regimes to its underground gas storage facilities.
- Renewable Energy Generation - advised on the £25 million launch of its renewable energy fund on AIM and related wind farm Projects in the UK, Canada and Poland.
- Breach of water discharge consent - advised on the prosecution of a prominent hotel chain by the Environment Agency relating to the breach of a water discharge consent from the use of sewage treatment plant.
- US manufacturing company - advised on compliance with the EU REACH regime.
- Wolverhampton City Council - advised in relation to potential contamination issues at a housing estate of over 600 houses including negotiating with those potentially responsible for remediation.
Outstanding knowledge of environmental law and excellent business acumen
Legal 500 UK 2011