Incredibly pragmatic, a great sounding board and the ideal partner for our business
Chambers UK 2012
Andrew is a corporate partner who advises on public and private M&A, joint ventures and equity fundraisings.
Andrew was the lead partner working on the deal that was shortlisted for corporate deal of the year 2010/11 by Legal Business magazine and is ranked as a leading 'life sciences' M&A lawyer by the Chambers & Partners' legal guide.
Prior to joining Stephenson Harwood in 2010, Andrew was partner for eight years in another major international law firm.
Transactions on which Andrew has advised include:
- Piramal Healthcare - $3.7 billion disposal of its generic branded prescription pharmaceuticals division to Abbott
- Nicholas Piramal India Limited (now Piramal Healthcare Limited) - acquisition of Pfizer's Northumberland manufacturing plant
- FTSE-250 speciality pharmaceutical company, BTG plc - £177 million public takeover of Biocompatibles International plc
- Lavendon Group plc - successful defence against a hostile approach from TVH Services NV and Ashtead Group plc
- Lavendon Group plc - £250 million debt refinancing and placing and open offer
- GDF SUEZ - The world's largest utility company - disposal of the Logan Teleflex group of companies to Tokyo-listed company Daifuku
- Commerzbank - disposal of Kleinwort Benson to RHJ International
- United Company Rusal Limited and its largest shareholder, EN+ Group Limited - $14 billion acquisition of a 25 per cent stake in Moscow-listed copper and nickel miner Norilsk Nickel
- Rusal Limited - $30 billion combination with Sual and the alumina assets of Glencore International, to form United Company Rusal, the world's largest aluminium producer
- Biopharmaceutical company, Protherics plc - acquisition by BTG plc
Andrew has been highlighted as a leading lawyer in his field in the 2012 'The Lawyer Hot 100' report. To see a copy of the report, please click here.
Stephenson Harwood LLP
1 Finsbury Circus
Find us >
T: +44 20 7809 2102