This edition of snapshot summarises some of the key legal and regulatory developments that occurred during August 2014 in relation to occupational pension schemes.
The items covered in this edition are as follows:
- New pension reforms: bill published
- RPI/CPI: scheme may switch to "something similar"
- Scottish case: recitals as a record of scheme events
- Independent governance committees: workplace personal pension schemes
- IORP II: suggested changes
- Thomson (PO-1203): duty of good faith and reasonable expectations
- Hayes (PO-2113): bulk transfer underpayment
- Pension liberation cases: decisions "in the autumn"
Find out more