Real estate finance experience
- Shari'a compliant real estate products - advising various leading banks on the establishment and development of Shari'a compliant domestic and commercial property mortgage products.
- Capmark Bank Europe - advised in relation to facilities with a value of €35 million to a Luxembourg-based investment vehicle to acquire a German property portfolio.
- Goldman Sachs International - advised on the refinancing of £200 million relating to four Park Plaza hotels in London and the Park Plaza management business in various European locations.
- HSBC Bank - advised on an investment facility of £200 million in connection with the creation of a Jersey Unauthorised Unit Trust set up for the acquisition and refurbishment of a portfolio of office buildings in South East England.
- Lloyds Banking Group - advised on a £80 million loan facility to a property fund with an underlying property portfolio valued at £400 million.
- Nordeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale - advised on an investment facility of €300m syndicated with HSBC Bank plc and KfW to finance a phased office development in Germany.
- Royal Bank of Scotland International - advised on a loan to a Fund advised by LaSalle Investment Management on the purchase of Borehamwood Shopping Park for £80 million.
- United Overseas Bank - advised on a sizeable acquisition and development facility granted to an offshore-based borrower to facilitate the acquisition and redevelopment of a prominent, architecturally important building in London.
- Acquisition of Europe's largest shopping centre - advised St. Martin's Property Group on syndicated facilities for the two-stage acquisition of Istanbul's Cevahir shopping centre, which is Europe's largest.
The quality of advice and industry knowledge is first class, but what marks the team out is its ability to see the commercial realities
Legal 500 UK 2011