Real estate finance experience
- Langham Estate Financing - acted for the lending club on the £400 million financing of the Langham Estate, which consists of over 180 office, retail and hotel/leisure properties in London's prime shopping districts around Great Portland Street and Oxford Street.
- Wertheim Shopping Centre, Germany - acted for WestImmo/Deutsche Hypo in relation to a syndicated loan relating to the above shopping village, being part of the Value Retail brand of shopping villages.
- Sea Containers House - acted for joint arrangers, ING Real Estate Finance and Berlin-Hannoversche Hypothekenbank in relation to finance for Sea Containers House, a prominent post-modern office building fronting the River Thames, which will be redeveloped into a mixed-use site including offices, restaurants, retail space and a luxury 360 room Mondrian Hotel.
- Art House, King's Cross - acted for HSBC and Deutsche Postbank AG as joint arrangers of a syndicated loan facility for the development of ArtHouse, King's Cross by Argent Group. King's Cross is one of the most significant development and regeneration projects currently underway in Europe.
- Royal Bank of Scotland - acted on a £100 million revolving credit facility to Helical Bar in connection with the financing of the Corby Shopping Centre and other office and retail investments.
- St Katharine's Dock - acted for Eurohypo AG on the acquisition by Max Properties of St Katharine's Dock, comprising 500,000 sq ft of office, retail and leisure space.
- Tune Hotels - advised HSBC on funding arrangements in relation to three new Tune brand Hotels in London. Tune is a new entrant into the UK market, its core current business is in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Shari'a financing - advised Invescap Holdings on the first Jersey-based incorporated Limited Partnership, established as a property investment vehicle to invest in UK property using finance provided by the issue of Shari'a-compliant secured debt instruments.
- Residential joint venture - acted for Native Land in relation to financing for a £180 million super prime residential development project located off King's Road, Chelsea SW3.
The quality of advice and industry knowledge is first class, but what marks the team out is its ability to see the commercial realities
Legal 500 UK 2011