Private equity and venture capital experience
- Seera Investment Bank - advised on all aspects of competition issues relating to the Shari'a compliant secondary buy-out of BWA Water Additives by Bahrain's based investment bank's equity arm.
- Award winning Shari'a compliant secondary buy-out - advising a Bahraini-based investment bank on one of the first ever Shari'a compliant secondary buyouts in the UK, where we structured Shari'a compliant ratchet arrangements for management. The deal won the European Islamic Finance Deal of 2009 from the FT’s The Banker.
- Arts Alliance - investment in PlayerX Limited, a mobile phone game distributor and owner of football premier league rights for mobile phones.
- Longmynd Industrial - several transactions for this private equity house including the acquisitions of Anglia Maltings and Smith Flour Mills.
- The Cloud Networks - advised the leading WiFi network provider on several rounds of expansion capital funding from 3i, Accel and an IT provider.
- Premier Asset Management plc - advised the management team on its MBO, the first public-to-private of an asset management company.
- Morgan Grenfell Private Equity - exit of funds managed by MGPE, the private equity division of Deutsche Bank, from Grifols SA, th Spanish Pharmaceuticals company.
- Credit Agricole and other vendors - sale of a magazine publishing group to a management buy-in team backed by Henderson Private Capital.
- BankInvest and ES Ventures - on a Series B Investment in Atraverda Limited, a company developing low power batteries.
- Quiet Revolution - acted on several rounds of VC investment including a £6 million capital raising from RWE.
- Management team of Welsh Power Group (formerly Carron Energy) - advised on the original MBI, which was principally funded by the Rutland Fund and the £125 million secondary buy-out by a consortium led by Deutsche Bank and further £550 million capital raising.
- Jardiland – advised the new management team on its equity investment in French garden centre company, Jardiland SAS, alongside the investment fund L-GAM which took over the Jardiland group in January 2014.
- CPI Group – advised a group of investors with regard to their acquisition of a minority shareholding in CPI, the leading book printer in Europe.
Great client care, attention, accessibility and empathy
Chambers UK 2014